All obligated companies must submit details of the packaging waste they handle each year to the appropriate government agency within the countries in which they operate. Is your company obligated? See our Global Compliance page for pointers about some key regions and see what requirements they have. Our UK Packaging FAQs give more detailed information about the UK.
To date, our staff have assisted more than 70 companies with their packaging waste calculations, including New Look, Harrods, John Lewis, Suzuki, Hamleys, and Claire’s. A number of key supermarkets also work with us. See a list of our clients here. ecoVeritas are used to handling large amounts of data on sales and packaging waste. For example, in 2016 we dealt with data regarding 70 million wine bottles which represented 33,000 tonnes of glass.
We have had particular success in providing a shared solution to a group of major retailers that have formed an association to manage their collective packaging waste obligations. Detailed information is available on the REPRA homepage.
Through the use of specialised, custom-built software and an extensive packaging database, we achieve considerable efficiency and conduct top-of-the-range data quality assurance. We can therefore pass the substantial reductions in our costs on to our clients.
How we can help you:
- Assisting with calculating your packaging waste obligations, in partnership with a compliance scheme or as a direct registrant
- Give you advice about the obligations which exist in any country in the world
- Offer packaging minimisation advice
- Advising on the best choice of compliance scheme for your business needs
- Providing a forum for monitoring regulations and discussing best practice. Issues covered to date have included: carbon issues, waste management, corporate social responsibility, waste electronics, packaging minimisation, and hazardous waste.